10.4.08

Wearing My Rolex - official video and Wiley's scared of foxes, allegedly



The rather bizarre official video to Wearing My Rolex. Did some bright spark in marketing think ooh I know a 'wiley fox', eureka?! Or is it a sly dig at Dizzee for his Sirens video, where he's fetishished as urban fox, hunted by fox hunters... Probably not. But hey let's stoke beef! After all Dizzee's jumping on the bandwagon by collaborating with Calvin Harris. Yes it's true.

The Sun reported, yep the Sun online at least covers grime, that Wiley bottled the video shoot coz he's scared of foxes! Here's the text I've nicked:

WILEY legged it from the set of his latest video – because he’s petrified of foxes:

The promo to Wearing My Rolex gets its exclusive premiere here today, but you won’t see the grime pioneer in Wiley

Fox phobia ... Wiley refused to take part after spying dancers with animal heads.

The producer and MC has such a severe case of vulpophobia – the technical term for a fear of foxes – that he left the shoot before a single frame with him in it could be taken.

And I’m told record label bosses weren’t best pleased.

Nevertheless, what remains is a great promo.


And this has prompted this even more hilarious response from Eskiboy. Who proved the hardest man in the world to pin down for an interview on Wearing My Rolex. I finally got some answers back two hours before I had to file an 850 word profile of him and Bless Beats for Metro. It got done just, and very late. Keep an eye out for it in Monday's paper. While we're here big up Bless Beats, a fine producer (behind Wearing My Rolex, and just 21) and a young man with a very wise head on his shoulders.

He's making moves - Sam Sparro's a fan, and his dream hook up is Bjork on a grime beat. Stranger things have happened. Watch him fly.


This video/audio is BARE jokes.