11.10.09

Calling all club promoters: do u want £5K to put on a night?



Calling all club promoters, nightlife impresarios, and party pushers!

I’ve signed my soul away to the devil by becoming part of the new Smirnoff Creative Grants initiative, which gives up-and-coming promoters the chance to apply for bursaries to put on their own original nights.

In all seriousness, I’ve followed the campaign closely over the last year and it’s a project that genuinely supports and stimulates grassroots club culture, which is why I'm part of it.

Last year innovative, cutting edge nights including 3D Disco and Girlcore, amongst many many others, received bursaries to develop their vision and realize their potential.

I’m on the panel of experts for the scheme, along with several other music industry figureheads including Rob da Bank, which means I get to help choose four people and nights with really exciting ideas for events and award them £5000 to make their ideas a reality.

For more information on the initiative, the events that are being held to launch it, and to apply for a grant, visit www.facebook.com/SmirnoffGB, where you'll also find lots of video interviews on contemporary club culture.

Alternatively feel free to holla at me - I'd love for some nights I've supported over the years (you know who you are) to get involved and get some love, cash and publicity, because organising and promoting club nights is hard work.