26.4.08

Fresh new music by Snoop/Morgan/The Roots




So it looks like I've finally got my head round posting tunes on this blog. At last. I've just got all my software updated on my 2003 powerbook, which basically refused to work with anything, til my mate Johnnie saved me £1300 on buying a new one out of frustration. I owe him a drink or ten! Brap, this is the most productive Saturday I've had in ages, and I've only been messing around with Divshare for an hour. You do not know how many hours of frustration I've endured trying to get this shizzle to work over the last year. Anyway, here goes!

Some info on Snoop's Pass The Dutch, it's from a mixtape he's done with Whoo Kid, where he raps over mostly classic beats like James Brown. I want some of this mixtape, and especially Snoop with no vocoders.

Morgan is a UK soul singer, who used to be in Spacek for those that know. Like a helluva lot of UK soul singers (Omar, Floetry, Steve Spacek who's recorded with JDilla goddam, Floetry), Morgan's getting loadsa love in the US of A. Love this track.

Here's the press release:

Morgan Zarate Ft. Eska & Ghostface

‘Sticks & Stones’


This London born and based producer and multi-instrumentalist has been refining his version/vision of soul music from the early 2000's.

As a member of the group Spacek he was signed by Mos Def to his Good Tree imprint with Universal US and Island Records UK in 2001. This resulted in the release of the now cult classic lps, ‘Curvatia’ (island) and ‘Vintage Hi Tech’ (k7) and won him many accolades from his peers including Dwele, Common, The Roots & J Dilla who remixed their seminal single ‘Eve’.

Recently Morgan has been collaborating with and putting in production duties on albums by Raphael Saadiq, Amp Fiddler, Sleepy Brown, Ty and Kory and more. He is now ready to step out on his own.

Morgan is currently putting the finishing touches to his album (due later this year) which see's him team up with vocalists from the UK and the US, some known and some new to put together an album of high quality, raw music.

‘Sticks and Stones’ is your first taster from the album and features the vocal talents of UK's finest vocalists Eska and the mighty Ghostface Killah of the Wu Tang Clan. Classic Business Basically.

The Roots - The vocalist on this is Chrisette Michel. Fab swinging, go go bizniss. Here's a link to a piece on them in the Guardian