19.2.08

Update - You gots to chill



On February 12th I had a bit of a rant about the Big Chill and Pete Lawrence parting ways with the festival, how the festival has evolved and Big Chill Bar and Big Chill House. Well it turns out people actually read this blog - belief it was news to me - and more specifically I've been asked to sit down with Katrina Larkin who founded the festival with Pete, way back when, and a PR to discuss what I had to say. Eek. I'm sure it will all be very polite, I hope so. If anyone has thoughts or opinions they would like to communicate to the Big Chill's top dawgs drop me a line.

While I'm here, here's the latest line up news for your perusal,and allows me to include some ace music by Sengal's Orchestra Baobab for this posting:

NEW ARTISTS CONFIRMED FOR THE BIG CHILL 2008

Bill Bailey, Jilted John, Orchestra Baobab, Plaid and Racheal Unthank and the Winterset are the latest additions to the line up for The Big Chill 2008.

British Comic legend Bill Bailey will be joined by electronica pioneers Plaid; 1970's punk New Wave legend Jilted John, breathtaking folk from Racheal Unthank and the Winterset and Orchestra Baobab - eclectic African pioneers.

The new confirmations join an Eastnor bill that already includes....

Artists - The Mighty Boosh - Thievery Corporation - Random Dance - The Portico Quartet