12.11.07

Carl Cox Statement

Following on from last Monday's post regarding a shooting at a Carl Cox gig in Caracas, Venezuela on November 2l3rd.


CARL COX ISSUES STATEMENT AFTER SHOOTINGS AT CLUB IN CARACAS, VENEZUELA.

Carl Cox has issued a statement after a horrific shooting incident on Saturday night at the Red Noise club in Caracas, Venezuela.

Cox was 45 minutes into his set when multiple gunmen opened fire on the 7000-strong crowd. 4 people have been confirmed dead, and 9 injured.

Carl says:

“I am deeply shocked and still stunned by the events of Saturday. My condolences go out to victims that were caught up in the horrific act that took place at this gig, and also their families. I am informed that it was gang related, and feel so sad that anybody would act in such a manner when the event was full of 7000 people having fun. I find it such a sad moment in electronic music as this was probably one of the best set up shows I had played in South America – a sign of real progress yet utterly hijacked by this mindless act. Again, my heart goes out to those that have died or been injured. This is NOT what the dance scene is about and is a million miles away from what I want to do or promote.”