13.9.07

The ego has landed



Kanye West - ALLEGEDLY (it's not entirely clear that it's West, it doesn't sound like him to me) - letting rip after the MTV Video Awards again. This is after last year's pop at Simian Mobile Disco at the MTV Video Awards. Sore loser.

I had a huge amount of respect for Kanye West, ok he's not the most lyrically gifted rapper (especially live), but he single-handedly brought conscious, meaningful hip hop back into the mainstream. Without him there would be no Talib Kweli, Common, Kidz In The Hall, Consequence, Rhymefest, Pharoah Monch making moves in the mainstream.

But really, why does West have to be such an egotistical, arrogant prick?? Not nice qualities, even in rap. I've had enough. I'm not sure I can bovvered to buy this new LP, not coz of the music, but coz of his boring ass ego. Anyways rant over. And thanks to Monique for the heads up.