8.7.07

Descent Malfunction



50 Cent suffered something of a major embarrassment a couple of weeks back when performing new song Amusement Park at the BET Awards.

His explanation is he was knoccked into while being lowered on stage and lost concentration, forgetting the words to the single. Which in turn revealed him as a mimer. To be fair he styles it out quite well. But there's no excuse for forgetting the words, most of which are to the effect of 'hey girls, come and have a go in my amusement park, my rollercoaster ride goes up and down, and round and round...'.

I discovered all this in my research for a review of 50 Cent's Hammersmith Apollo gig last week. Review to follow. I know many of my hip hop head friends aren't very happy with the review as it doesn't kick 50 to the kerb. All I can say is I tried to understand why he's the best selling rapper and most well known rapper in the world at this moment.